Dean MacMorris, ASLA, is the Vice President of Night Light, Inc. and has been the co-owner for more than 19 years. Dean earned a bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from The Ohio State University, an associate’s degree in ornamental horticulture from Mercer County Community College. He has more than 17 years of experience in the landscape industry as a project manager and sales and marketing manager The resulting expertise has played an important role in working closely with landscape professionals and designing lighting systems to meet their needs.
Dean provides significant sales and project management by way of his business and client network. His responsibilities also include: sales and marketing management for the sales staff, business development, and strategic and operational planning.
Dean has been privileged to speak at the Mid Am Horticultural Trade Show on two occasions, The University of Illinois on two occasions, Morton Arboretum, Purdue University, Illinois Turfgrass Foundation and the Bartlett Tree Experts Symposium, as well as myriad Garden Clubs.
He is on the Board of Directors for the Illinois Landscape Contractors Association (ILCA) and the Advisory Board for PowerHouse SMART, as well as an active member and sponsor of:
- American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
- Association of Licensed Architects (ALA)
- Landscape Design Association (LDA). Past President and current board member
- Institute of Classical Architecture and Art (ICAA)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
- Midwest Association of Golf Course Superintendents (MAGCS)
- Dean was the Past Chairman of the Plato Township Planning Commission.
He has published numerous articles in Chicagoland Gardening, American Nurseryman’s Magazine, Office & Commercial Real Estate Magazine, Landscape Contractor Magazine, Licensed Architect Magazine, The Landscape Buyer Magazine and numerous Chicagoland newspapers.